Status
Not open for further replies.

PixeL

Always forward, never back.
Management
Developer
Nov 24, 2018
pixel.gay
Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently.

Here at 8-Bit, we want to do things right. Doing things right, trying to please everyone, can be hard if not impossible.
Which is why we also need help from YOU to suggest the things you want, tell us that something sucks and why etc.
So - After reading this thread, go suggest things you want. We'll tell you if we're going to add it to testing or add it eventually or not at all.
No suggestion is bad, throw em all in there.

So, here's what has been going on in the background over the past few weeks.

Sticky has been working hard on correcting hitboxes for models, implementing awesome looking models for launch, bashing away at pointshop to make it look good.
He's done weapon balancing so we can get the weapons closest to how they should act, but with the weapon balancing comes differing opinions on what weapon should do what, how much dps it should do, all that jazz.
Awesome traitor/detective weapons

I have been working on the discord bot to make it not so garbage, which is still a work in progress, to say the least.
Donation systems both in game and forum wise, syncing everything up and making it as fast and efficient as possible
Xenforo add-ons, server modifications, hosting options, all of this is being looked at.

While trying to do all this Sticky and I have been working full-time jobs and dealing with family matters, and getting distracted by other things along the way.
That is my excuse for it taking so long, the others may differ, but...

We're happy to announce we're going to begin testing and a potential launch of either 1, or 2 servers.

On July 20th, 2019, we will begin allowing players onto our server to begin testing of weapons, models, and other random stuff.
During this time especially, please TRY to break things and then if you'd be so kind as to report the issue to a staff member or forums, that'd be neat.
Please give criticism and tell us if the weapons suck, models, blah. We can't get better and listen to the community if we don't know about it.

This testing period will last approximately 1 week if all goes well, if not, possibly earlier.
That means the ending date will be July 27th, 2019.

During this testing time, donator ranks will be disabled and rounds may be modified to fit the testing, gameplay may differ.
Once the testing period is over, we will begin looking into your suggestions and fixing up everything.
If we believe all is good, we can either launch or do another testing period if our previous one failed catastrophically.

I'd also like to just thank everyone who's even here, to begin with. Y'all are pretty ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.